Privacy Information – AFA Kids website
Data Controller: Anglia Fostering Agency Ltd
Contact for queries: Ben Aldridge [email protected] 01603 559255
The details below are a summary of how we collect, use, share, transfer and store your information.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer at: 12 Meridian Way, Meridian Business Park, Norwich, NR7 0TA or by emailing as per the above.
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Your rights under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Your personal data must be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Relevant and limited to what is necessary
- Personal data shall be accurate and where necessary kept up to date
- Personal data processed for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or purposes.
- Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of the data subject.
Information That We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
* Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
* Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when using the ‘Contact us’ form.
* Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
How we use the information you give us in the ‘Contact Us’ form
We will use your information on the basis that it is necessary to administer your query sent to us using the ‘Contact us’ box and for the purpose it is provided.
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
* To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services.
* To inform you of any changes to our website or services that may effect you.
We never give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding goods or services.
Occasionally we may ask you to fill in questionnaires or surveys online. AFA’s survey’s are used to help improve our service and how we support you. Our surveys are normally anonymous, but if you share anything that might tell us your identity or that makes us worried about your safety we may need to tell someone.
Storing Your Personal Data
By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing using our company database. We do our utmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
* In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
* Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
* if you share anything that might tell us your identity or that makes us worried about your safety we may need to tell someone.
* To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Access to your information
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have the right to access information that we hold relating to you. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information.
If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, you change your e-mail address or name or if you wish us to remove your details from our records, please let us know by sending an e-mail to [email protected] and we will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
Data and records are not kept for longer than is necessary. This principle links to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which requires that personal data processed for any purpose “shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose”.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The table below explains the cookies we use and why.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit most websites.
The information we collect in this way is used for internal review and improvement purposes. This information is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes. Specifically, we use the following cookies:
Google Analytics: to track how many visitors come to our site and how they found us.
How do I change my cookie settings?
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit
Third Party Links
Our website search and decision notice search is powered by WordPress. Search queries and results are logged anonymously to help us improve our website and search functionality. No user-specific data is collected by either Anglia Fostering Agency (AFA) or any third party.
Security and performance
The AFA uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of the AFA website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses of visitors to the AFA and AFAkids website.